QUANTITY SURVEYOR REQUIRED
David Richards Practice Limited is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor (preferably Chartered) to be an integral part of our growing team based in Christchurch, Dorset. This is an excellent opportunity to join our rapidly expanding business which provides quality construction and property consultant services in a range of sectors across the South of England including residential, commercial, healthcare and education. We strive to deliver high standards of Quantity Surveying, Project Management and Employer’s Agent Services. With over 50 years combined experience, our dedicated team offers tailored advice and support to all our Clients.
The right candidate will be experienced in preparing bills of quantities and elemental cost plans. In addition, much of the role will be acting as the Contract Administrator and Employer’s Agent. As such, your core skills need to include:
- Knowledge and familiarity of the JCT suite of contracts
- Tender and contract document preparation and analysis
- Tracking, preparing and issuing variations
- Budgeting, cost planning and value engineering
- Issuing relevant notices / certificates in the timescales stipulated within the contract
- Administration of the Build Contract for the successful delivery of the project
- Producing bills of quantities and cost plans
- Negotiating and agreeing costs for work packages with clients and contractors
Previous experience in these fields is essential. You will report to the Technical Director and work closely with both Clients and Contractors, therefore the ability to communicate, negotiate and maintain good contractual awareness is essential, as well as demonstrating good time management skills and the ability to quickly prioritize your workload.
We are a close knit team who pull together to make things happen and help each other out. You will need to buy into this and be a team player. We offer competitive salaries, regular bonuses subject to how healthy the accounts look, 5 weeks holiday plus Christmas, 5% company pension contribution and great career progression for the right individual.
Please email your C.V. to Gemma: email@example.com